Thursday, February 5, 2009

"if they aren't mocking you, you are probably average."

I read this quote recently. At the time I was reading an article and it didn't strike me as significant. In fact, I can't even tell you where I was or what I was reading, but they phrase just kept coming back to me. Why is it that we are so consumed with what people think of us that we dumb ourselves down, we don't celebrate our victories, and allow ourselves to be average? The only difference between the average person and the person doing extraordinary things are their choices. Right?? Every day we wake up and we choose what kind of day we are going to have. We choose what we are going to do, what we are going to accomplish.

What if we stopped worrying about what people are going to think, or what limits they are going to put on us and we just started living? What if we truly realized that we can do everything that God wants us to do? I bet there would be a lot less poverty, hurting children, sex trafficking, aids epidemics...! I bet we would have more coffee with people and our family dinners would extend to include, well everyone. I bet we would be less concerned with "our house being a mess" and more concerned with how many people we could invite over this week!

We'd stop be melancholy, lonely, afraid, depressed, selfish...depraved. And we would start being selfless, courageous, joyful, thoughtful...happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment