Monday, January 26, 2009

"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above-to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
-Edward, Twilight

For a year now (i'm kind of a slow learner), God has been teaching me that we can be content to be mediocre or we can choose to be great. I've desired, as I'm sure most of us have, to have that choice; to have that opportunity to be great. However, now that I stand at the crossroads, choosing greatness is a very scary thing. It requires be to be intentional and deliberate. I could choose to be content. I would be happy and it would be easy. But, I could choose to take on new challenges and be stretched by God. That decision could lead to greatness (at least greatness in his eyes, which is really what matters).

I want to continually have Holy discontent. I never want to settle for being less than what God has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment