Monday, April 11, 2011

Reflection 1: The first of many! So, my mind is still reeling, my body is still exhausted, and I am completely overwhelmed by GOD. I went with some expectation. I knew there would be exciting worship and speakers, but I couldn't have expected to be lifted to the heights and then within hours to be utterly crushed and then lifted to the heights and then crushed...over and over and over again. So, where to start...from the beginning. You walk into Phillips Arena and it is filled to capacity with loud, screaming young adults. Chris Tomlin begins worship and Lecrae jumps in. Louie Giglio then delivers his amazing hyped up message and we are released to community groups (which I have every intention of skipping for the rest of the week, because afterall, there is a very big part of me that came for vacation). Ok this is where the good stuff starts so stay with me... Tim Smith, a pastor from Mississippi, begins our study. We start by reading Isaiah 14:13, 14 You said in your heart, "I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. I will ascend about the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." Satan is constantly trying to ascend, to make himself powerful! Phillippians 2:6-8 Who being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross! Jesus was willing to descend. He came in humility. Then Tim closed by saying you are never more like the enemy than when you try to ascend up, when pride exalts you and you are never more like Jesus than when we humble ourselves. This one is going to take a long time for me to digest. Lord, help me to descend, descend, descend.

No comments:

Post a Comment