Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Relentless - a video by Bill Hybels

So I had a profound moment yesterday. It was one of those moments when I was empowered to do great things, yet at the same time ashamed that I had yet to do it. Usually, it seems like my inspiration is fleeting after only a few days. But...this time...I feel like I will never forget it. Our staff meeting with our team watching a video from Leadership Summit. The focus was somehow different than I anticipated. Bill Hybels was talking about Mother Teresa. My first epiphany came when he discussed that she received her "tap on the shoulder" from God when she was 36. Not a big deal some of you may say, however, I took a big sigh of relief because I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.

The first real challenge, though, came when he quoted her,"I will refuse you nothing. I'll do your bidding without delay." Wow!! If only I could say that...and actually mean it.

But the part I want to really remember is the second quote, "Even though I don't feel his presence for long periods of time, I will seek to love him and he has never been loved before." I can't imagine being so selfless. I hope that this can be my prayer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment